Monday, July 16, 2012

Homemade ORGANIC Lotion :)


Hey Y'all,
Okay, so this morning I decided to do something I have been wanting to do for a LONG time!

When I was a "younger" child, I loved doing what I called "experimenting!"
 (Mixing soaps and lotions together and creating that "extra" special something) :)
Along with my ever ready side-kick ( Mariah), We created the most unique line of cosmetics etc.

So, My passion as a child has now come to fruition, and My love of "goop"-Momma dubbed me the "goopy-girl"-, has turned into...Homemade Lotion!



Okay, Moving on...


Here is the great recipe I found:




Ingredients:


1/2 cup Organic almond or olive oil 
1/4 cup Organic coconut oil
1/4 cup beeswax 
 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil

Optional: 2 tablespoons Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
Optional: Essential Oils, Vanilla Extract or other natural extracts to suit your preference


 Combine ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar. (I cleaned out an old candle jar :-)





2. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat.
As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Small mason jars (8 ounce) are great for this. It will not pump well in a lotion pump


Use as you would regular lotion. 
I also use this as a lip balm!


Au revoir my Friends,
Until next time,

Alyssa


Proverbs 15:1 
A soft answer turns away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

2 comments:

  1. How delightful! A handmade lotion would be such an enjoyable companion... and a fun "experiment" !

    Blessings,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete